At 04:12 PM 9/23/2007, you wrote:
Date:    Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:41:51 -0400
From:    Wayne Dernoncourt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: first iMac question  ug Vista
gerald
> does she want to load Vista, or would she be better off
> with XP?  again, will a new UG work?

From everything I've read, Windows Vista is Windows XP with
more security stuff turned on breaking drivers and programs
but doing a better job at security.  Good in some respects,
bad in others.  Since playing HD DVD's isn't a big deal on
this Mac, I don't need Vista.  Security Now has had podcasts
about Vista along with Windows Weekly(??).

I did something similar.  I bought a Mac & Parallels this past
summer and went to Best Buy and bought a copy of Windows XP.  I
had lots of problems installing it and tech support said "We
think you have an upgrade copy..."  I looked and I had bought
an upgrade copy.  I had never noticed.  Best Buy wouldn't take
it back (no exchange plus cash if for the right one if they
would've had any).  So I ordered one from Buy.com, ten minutes
after I clicked buy, I realized I needed some stuff from
amazon.com, bought it there, went back to buy.com to cancel,
clicked cancel, they said okay.  A day and half later, I get
an email saying "Oooops, the order had already gone into the
system.  Contact us for an RMA and we will take it back."
I'm still waiting for the stuff for amazon.com to show up, I
don't remember what is slowing things down, but in the end I'm
going to either have two copies of Windows XP Home or have to
hassle with sending one back.

Long and short, I'm going to have a copy of Windows XP Home
here if you are interested.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly

Wayne, I hope you did not pay any more than $95 for your xp home?

The Computer place in va and MD both sell xp home OEM version for
around $95 and is allowed to be installed without going and paying
full retail for the xp..

check out their site at

http://www.tcponline.com

their prices for oem operating systems (sorry only MD <G>)

http://www.tcponline.com/Softwares_operating_systems.htm

Rich