Yes it is, or with someone who has purchased the components to build a computer.

I could buy an OEM to go along with the system I built this past year. It would only be valid with that system and could not be transferred over to any other system.

Some guys have been buying OEM's to slap on anything they have, and do not realize the restrictions that go with it.

However I think MS does not really care as it allows them to sell more Vista's than they would otherwise.

Stewart

At 09:06 AM 9/24/2007, you wrote:
>notice the prices are OEM, which is cheaper than the full retail
>but not supported directly from microsoft, the oem must provide
>support..

Is this not the stuff that is supposed to be sold only with a computer?

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace
Ozark, AL  SL 82