Nothing, I suppose, unless you were to be caught if they check. This is what GoDaddy indicated. I would use a real address; maybe not my personal home address, but a real one ( and one not belonging to a current resident of a home).

Randall
----- Original Message ----- From: "db" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] GoDaddy's registration agreement - speaking of priv

What happens if you weren't to give a real address or name ... gave fictitious ones instead?

Tom Piwowar wrote:
Using your logic we would all be wearing hoods or a chador when walking down the street.

Don't you think you might have less of a problem with your privacy being invaded if you were able to readily discover who was doing the invading? Just the opposite of what you propose.

Suppose making such info. so public led to a stalking situation, which led to some personal harm. Would the party who is harmed (from having their personal info. made so public) have any legal redress against ICAAN, the registration company, WHOIS or any other party? Just wondering.