I worked in a pc environment where we wouldn't touch a new Windows
Release for atleast a year or two.  My wife just got switched from
Win2k to XP this spring by her corporate employer.  A Windows upgrade
is a scarrier thing than a mav upgrade although both carry some level
of terror.

There are two types of people- those who can make generalizations and
those who complain about them.

On 10/16/07, Jeff Miles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         I don't get this first statement at all. I'm also a Mac and PC user.
> I always wait on the release of the latest OS. Generalizing people
> who jump on a band wagon is just stupid. How many upgraded to Vista
> on it's release? Percentage wise it might be as large, but then you
> have to ask yourself how many PC-vs-Mac users actually know how to
> use their computers.
>         PC user, I play games and read some email. Mac user, I get work
> done. Oh, I forgot the Utube thing. How important is that? PC people
> seem to flock to it. Maybe this is why the Mac/Apple has only a 3-5%
> market share (depending on who you listed to). It kind of reflects
> society as a whole. Scary.
>
> Jeff M
>

> On Oct 16, 2007, at 3:59 PM, John Duncan Yoyo wrote:
>
> > The funny thing is PC users generally wait a year or two to see if it
> > is safe to get a
> > new OS while Mac users can't wait to leap on a new OS. I think it is
> > the amount of pain from previous up grades.
> >
> > Vista Service pack 1 is being beta tested.  XP Serivice pack 3 is also
> > in the pipe line.  Mac just calls them after a different cat and
> > charges us again.   I use both PC and Mac and prefer the Mac by a good
> > margin.

> * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
> * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

John Duncan Yoyo