That didn't occur to me, but the OS was totally up to date. Is it possible to somehow force it to do an update it does not need? It's a pain in the butt to start over, but the process makes me dig into areas of the system that I tend to forget about. It makes me more effective when I help others. Have you ever installed a CCC clone on a Mac, or just replaced parts that needed fixing?

In the last few days, some of my mail to the list has never made it to my email client or to the gmail web mail site. It's nice somebody saw it.

Tom Piwowar wrote:
Faster than reinstalling the whole OS you might have succeeded by simply running the "combo" updater. It is good a replacing missing pieces. Of course that assumes that your missing pieces were included in an update. Since the "combo" includes updates for everything since dot-zero the odds are good that the parts you need are in there.