We are visiting friends in Spain over New Year's and are considering
appropriate gifts to bring.

I come up with the idea of getting a Digital Photo Frame.  First is the
question of whether it could be made to work in Europe.  Being a DC device, I
suppose it should be OK with the correct adapter.  I e-mailed an inquiry to a
store in Chicago that specializes in this sort of thing, and they recommended
buying one of these (http://www.world-import.com/WSS630.htm) then plugging the
original adapter into that.  Any idea whether this would do the job?

Otherwise, I would like to know if anybody has a recommendation.  There are a
number of models and makes available.  This would be intended for use as an
actual picture frame/conversation piece for use when entertaining (they have a
large family), not as a substitute for somebody lacking a conventional
computer.  A larger display would be better, I think.  Any suggestions?

On a different topic, I was also considering getting pentop computers for their
two older children (ages 10 and 11, I believe).  They attend an English school,
so the language would not be a barrier to their using it, although it might be
more interesting to them as a curiosity rather than being of genuine use to
them in school.  Being a battery-operated device (I assume), I can't imagine
any problem using one in Europe, is that a reasonable assumption?

Thanks!

--John Emmerling