You are out of your depth on this one. The problems with IE are fundamental errors with page geometry and how different page elements interact. It has nothing to do with "scripts and Flash" except that some developers use Flash as a way to avoid MS's bugs. Getting CSS to work properly would be a great boon to professional web authoring and save businesss a peck of dough.

I rarely use IE since the last one for Macs was v.5.5. I was at the public library today looking up some reference information--couldn't find it in Reference so I looked online. They have IE 6. I've requested that they get Firefox too, so we could have a choice [of something that works]. It was at least my tenth request, but it's still only IE 6. When I travel and use Internet cafes, I ask for a choice and almost every time, when I return they've installed Firefox. One place asked me to download it for him, then he installed it. [Nine out of ten so far.]

I'm not familiar with IE causing so much trouble for people who don't use it, but now it makes sense, sort of. The solution is for web authors to put a note on the page, viewed best with [name a good browser], and a warning that it may not work with IE. If that were done enough would sites lose viewers or would people take a hint.

Nah, forget that. Never mind.