Thanks to all for helping me choose an iPod Nano, as well as the turntable converter. Now comes the task of getting my existing music into it. CD's are fine, converting to WMA for permanent harddrive storage, then converting to iTunes AAC for the Nano. I started to convert the cassette tapes using Audacity and ran into a stumbling block. According to their documentation, WMA and AAC files are not supported by Audacity, which shoots a big hole in my process.

What is the best way and program/process to convert cassette/records into permanent harddrive storage, and then into iTunes?

Thanks in advance.

Richard P.