That's not a good solution. If he's using his PAGE file (it hasn't
been called a 'swap' file since Windows 98), then he's fighting an
uphill battle. The computer will begin running slow.

Like Tom said, if he's suddenly short of RAM there should be a reason.
Perhaps he's got some startup apps running he can do without. I'd
sooner reinstall Windows (and more ram) than try to deal with a system
that's constantly paging.