Does anyone know if manufacturers are doing anything to solve the synch
problem in the next generations of TV's?  Or is this a bug that's
inherent in the system, and for which there is no practical bugfix?

We have an analog TV that's on its last legs, and we're planning to
replace it with digital.  Is there any point in waiting until the
technology gets better?

(BTW, we don't have cable or digital.)

--Constance Warner