>When I finish reading my book, I give it to someone else, and
>pick up another.

>Many small hotels, inns, apartments outside the US have
>a library where you leave your finished books and pick up one you like.

>Our local public library [Cecil County, MD] has a free magazine exchange
>and used paperback books for 10-25 cents.

>I trade paperback books with other readers.

I couldn't miss the contrast of books vs. software. Doing any of the
above with software would be criminal. Should doing these things with an
book, just because it has been converted to software, suddenly be
criminal too? The fundamental nature of the book has not really changed
by making it an eBook, so why should different rules apply?