The bad grammar points I agree with. The Gallery page has the artist's phone number. Ask them to call you. I doubt they will. Worst case, take the offered cashiers check.

Charles

On Mar 20, 2008, at 8:14 AM, David Turk wrote:
My partner has a website advertising his artwork for sale. He received this email Monday. We're trying to ascertain whether this is a real person, & if the offer is legit. There are several aspects that make it sound questionable (moving to South Africa, asking for discounts, taking out the shipping costs). He's thinking of offering limited edition prints of the artwork, rather than the artwork itself. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

david

[Begin email]
Subject: [SPAM] Artworks purcahse
From: Sarah Baptiste <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, March 17, 2008 6:29 pm
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Good day to you out there.

I am so excited that I came across of your work on internet search,I am interested in purchasing some creative artworks from you namely...................

Heading Home.jpg,Serenity.jpg,Spring Announcement.jpg

Let me know their various prices.and how much discounts are you going to give?I will be happy to have these selected artworks hanged in our new ho me in South Africa. As well, I want you to take out the shipping cost.I have been in touch with a shipping firm that will be shipping other house decoratives.

We are travelling from our Dallas home to our new apartment as soon as possible.On Paying for the artworks,I will be glad to pay you with a Money Order or Cashier`s check in US funds that can be easily cashed at your local bank,please let me know on how to procced for the payment of the creative artworks.

I will await your advise on how to proceed.Have a wonderful day.

Best regards,
Sarah Baptiste
http://mail.yahoo.com

[End email]