See, that's the problem all the plethora of current services seem to
be ignoring in a big way. Presumably we're supposed to hook our
computer to our TV. While many people do that, I bet many more don't,
and would like not just the freedom to archive the material, but to be
able to move it from room to room in the house.

Again, this is only for free legal downloads.