From: "Richard P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:27 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: [CGUYS] Assigning permanent letter to external drive

I want to use the Win XP File and Settings Transfer Wizard to save my
configuration but it only opens up save options for default External
Drives F, G, H, and I, all of which have nothing attached to them. When
I hook an external USB hard drive, it shows up as the first available
letter, "J", which isn't an option for the Wizard.

How can I get my "J" external drive to show up in the transfer wizard
defaults? It doesn't allow browsing for my selection and when I try to
change the "J" external drive letter, F, G, H, and I are not listed as
an option.

Thanks in advance,

Richard P.
Win XP SP2