>http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,145985-page,1/article.html?tk=synd_macworld

This article doesn't say much, but dropped enough names that I could
Google for the real story. That is at www.dhanjani.com.

I used Dhanjani's information to create a carpet bomb page and cgi as
described. I tried it in IE, FireFox, and Safari. Safari did download a
bunch of files without asking first. Both IE and FireFox did ask first.

I agree that this is nasty behavior on the part of Safari, but it is not
in itself a security breach. Nothing got executed on my computer. Of
course this could be the first step in something bad happening and it was
all too easy to do. I hope Apple fixes this.