On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Steve Rigby wrote:
On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Janaki Kuruppu wrote:
So, does someone have a scientific explanation for _why_ freezing works??

And, should you spin the drive up while still "frozen," or allow it to "thaw?"

As someone who has successfully used this technique, no, I did not let it
thaw. I put it in the zip-lock baggy, put it in the freezer overnight.
Then took it out of the freezer, out of the zip-lock, then connected it
to a different computer as a secondary drive and booted it up. Then I was
able to copy all the needed data off it (I did it in order of priority,
getting most important data off first, in case it died again).

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        [EMAIL PROTECTED]