There isn't one app that works for all streams. Although I prefer to use a standalone player, usually iTunes, WM Player or RealPlayer, many radio streams open in pop-up windows in a browser, using Flash as an envelope for WM or MP3 streams. That way you can bookmark each stream. A useful resource to find radio stations, their web sites and stream links is http://radio-locator.com/. Lists of public radio stations, programs, their schedules and stream links are at http://www.publicradiofan.com/.

Since the pop-up windows have URLs, I can add them to my calendar and have favorite radio stations open automatically in a browser on my own schedule, without having to write extra scripts.

Betty

I do use the Radio feature for radio streaming, but it doesn't have the
greatest lists and is hard to add to. Anyone recommend a good easy to use
streaming radio app for the PC?

This isn't an application, but it is a wonderful resource if you want to find
out what sort of music is available online.

http://jrabold.net/radio/index.htm

It lists all the music programs available on public radio internet, with the times they are available online, and live links to the stations. I mean, you can find the complete week's schedule for a program you like, or you can find all the music programs that happen to be playing at any particular time.