Well, the "islands" quote may be yours, but John Kenneth Galbraith got there
first in 1958, with his "private splendor, public squalor" remark in the
Affluent Society.

--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] really bad references
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 5:10 PM

>National security??  So little jonny can download more movies?

Do you know what portion of the US GNP comes from movies? That is still a
business the US dominates. Would you have us give up on that too?

Are you rooting for that right-wing vision for America: "islands of
opulence surrounded by squalor"? AKA: "I got mine the hell with
you."

Who said that first? When I Google "islands of opulence surrounded by
squalor" I get only one hit: me on this list, 2 months ago! Think I'll

ever make Bartletts?