On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:

I think the next great revolution will be appliances such as this and apple TV.

Perhaps not really revolutionary, but evolutionary at a minimum. My current DVD player is equipped with a USB port. I can write my video downloads to a USB flash drive and use the flash drive as my video source. No need to write the video file to a disk. Many video formats are supported by the DVD player, and if the source video is not supported, I can convert it to a format that is supported, although that process extends the time element involved.

  Steve