Vicky Staubly
In this case, appearances can be deceiving. Try this. Open up your C drive,
then "Documents And Setting". In there, you should see a few folders, one for
"All Users" and one for each user that logs into that computer. Open up the one
corresponding to the username you use. Inside that folder, you'll see a
folder called "Desktop". Open that, and you should see most of the files that
are
shown on your desktop.

Works!  Plus opening C: Documents And Settings/Owner/Desktop.

I checked my backup and there they are, backed up.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Altus, PhD, ELS
Intensive Care Communications, Inc.(R)