Well thank you for proving my point, though I don't appreciate the
crudity and am not quoting that part of your post. When you have to
resort to crudity it is a good sign that your case is not a good one. You
are only trying to squelch discussion.

An organization that has to depend on second-hand donations and vendor
give aways is clearly not operating in a free market. Just like someone
sleeping on a park bench on a cold Winter night is not exercising a free
market preference for cold and hard beds.

So back to my original statement. In a distorted, non-free market
popularity is not a good surrogate for perceived quality. You don't get
to attribute quality using a "10,000,000 Frenchmen can't be wrong" type
of argument.