Not always the case.

I have a lot of stuff that is quite old and is still chugging along.

Want a 386?  Got one in my garage.

I have two Creative MP3 players still going strong (one is a 2.5 harddrive based model)

There are still a ton of Chevy's on the road, while many of the Ferrari's and porches are no longer mobile. They also cost a mint to keep running.

Price point is not always indicative of quality.

Stewart