Tom Piwowar wrote:
I vaguely recall a problem with waking from sleep 5 or more years ago but can't recall if it was on a Mac or a Windows machine. We sleep our Macs several times a day and sometimes leave computers on for weeks at a time and never have a problem with sleep.

Okay. On your advice I have enabled sleep on my Mac. From an energy conservation standpoint I would be happy if sleep now worked, but if I lose any work you will probably get flamed.

OK, I take full responsibility.
I'll be interested to hear if you have trouble with certain apps. We run pretty basic ones most of the time. Now that I'm thinking about it under the weight of this immense responsibility, I turn off sleep when I'm doing Audio Hijack and won't be near the computer. I think that problem is more with RealPlayer than AH.