I receive the list messages as individual plain text messages -- no fonts,
formatting, embedded graphics.  By "just a diatribe" do you mean that you are
receiving messages in _digest_ format, i.e., one message a day with all of the
day's messages concatenated into one message?  Look at the URL in the standard
trailer for this list for instructions for getting out of digest mode.

Fred Holmes