On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Fred Holmes wrote:
I receive the list messages as individual plain text messages -- no fonts, formatting, embedded graphics. By "just a diatribe" do you mean that you are receiving messages in _digest_ format, i.e., one message a day with all of the day's messages concatenated into one message? Look at the URL in the standard trailer for this list for instructions for getting out of digest mode.

I believe the poster (Lee?) is receiving the digest as a plain text
message with all the days emails concatenated together. I think the
"MIME" command to Listserv will cause it to send the digest as a
message with a MIME type of "multipart/digest" (see https://www.greatcircle.com/lists/majordomo-users/mhonarc/majordomo-users.199803/msg00481.html )
which some email programs will display as an email message containing
other email messages as attachments (or other more convenient arrangements).

So, I think the "mime" command is what is desired.