Thanks for your reply. Is "chkdsk" usable on a Mac?

On Nov 10, 2008, at 2:57 PM, db wrote:

You might try running chkdsk on your drive to see if software corruption is the culprit...

db

Eugene V Martin wrote:
I have been unable to get a LaCie d2 lightscribe DVD/CD burner (20x, USB and firewire interfaces) to burn the label side. I have no problem recording data or audio, but both "lightscribe labeler" and "disklabel" report a "communications" problem preventing a label burn. I am using a 1.5GHz PowerPC G4 Powerbook with OS X 10.5. I have tried using different firewire cables and I have tried burning from another Mac, a G5 iMac, also using the 10.5.4 OS. Same result

I have consulted LaCie's tech assistance and gone through several iterations of a process including trashing old files (apps and receipts), downloading new software, repairing permissions, and installing new burner and labeler software, etc.

Nothing suggested by LaCie worked and they accepted the burner for repair; they said it worked for them, but they replaced the controller (circuitboard), and sent it back. But, I still have the same unsuccessful response from the burner and LaCie now suggests I try to get help on lightscribe.com's discussion list! I am posting there but I'd greatly appreciate help from the computer guys and/or suggestions for other forums where I might get help. TIA