Now that you've heard what everyone else does, if you actually want
any specific help you're going to have to tell us a lot more about
what it is you do, and what it is you want backed up.

e.g. I don't back up *anything* on the wife's laptop, but her emails
are all via Yahoo, so they're already backed up in the cloud. OTOH,
the office machine that runs Quickbooks and keeps two important
company databases is backed up daily to the cloud (specifically,
Amazon via Jungledisk). My own machine, used primarily for
development, images the C drive daily to a second drive.

All three methods have already been described, but which one is right
for you just depends on what the machine in question is doing. Note
that no backup method will ever prevent you from having to reinstall
your OS occasionally, so don't bother trying to reach for that lofty
goal.