The newest ipods have talking menus and will even speak the song
title.  Also, if you go to rockbox.org you could get a player which
you could put their software on and it would speak quite a bit of
useful information.

Hope this helps.

on Monday 12/15/2008 computerg...@att.net(computerg...@att.net) wrote
 > Hello all.  I would like to buy a MP3 Player for an elderly person with
 > Macular Degeneration so she can enjoy Old Radio shows.  It does not have to
 > be portable, but portable is ok.  Need simple controls that don't need a
 > screen.  The Ipod appears not to be the solution.   Thanks for any replys.
 > -Bill.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici