http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g5/stats/powermac_g5_dual_2.0.html

> If they decide to upgrade to Leopard to use Time Machine, would the 1TB Seagate or their 1.5 TB drive work with Time machine? (I saw some at New Egg for $109 and $129 respectively, 5 year warranties)
>
> Initially I think I remember Time Machine was picky about its hosts drives but I heard that may have changed .... ?
> db

I have a third drive under the optical drive. G5 has room in the middle on the
bottom, but if it can be suspended below the optical drive it can use the same
bus. The
cable has connections for 2x 2 drives. Otherwise you need a PCI SATA controller
card, and
that could support two MORE drives. Might need another fan. Probably only need
one more
drive if you get a 500GB or 750GB one, or even a 1TB [check the size limit].

My friend George has 10 hard drives in/on one of his G4s [he's a printer, has a graphics shop with Macs, PCs, Unix, Linux systems]; looks like 2 are eternal and 3 RAID. He had to add an extra power supply and leave the door open to run it, http://homepage.mac.com/gasjr4wd/Sites/wrong-way/bad_server3.jpg. With only 3 drives you could even close the door!

Betty