At 03:30 PM 1/27/2009, Marcio V. Pinheiro wrote:
>I scanned a document and all went well. I sent it by e-mail as attachment but
>it arrived in a large size not only filling the whole e-mail page but going
>much beyond (jpeg). How can I email the documento in a size that fits the page?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Marcio

The size the recipient will see depends on the screen resolution of the
recipient's computer, so one has to know that to get the size right.
Generally, the picture will display natively on the recipient's computer in the
recipient's e-mail client.  The recipient should right-click on the picture
received, and then select "save image as . . " or similar option, to save the
image to a file.  Then the recipient should open the file in whatever
application he/she uses to view/edit pictures -- which generally can resize the
loaded image for display purposes.

That being said, let's assume that a resolution of 400 x 300 pixels (adjust for
aspect ratio) will do pretty well on most computers.  It needs to be small
enough to display in the message window of the mail client; don't use the full
screen resolution of the recipient.

Fred Holmes