OK, I agree that I need to turn off DHCP on the "slave" router and give it a different ID from the "master". But now you are suggesting that I go from the WAN port on the wired/wireless "slave" to an "in" port on the router. While that sounds logical, I am wondering if the electronics on the WAN port can deal hand off to the "in" port the router? Isn't the WAN port set up to deal with some kind of specialized connections "handshake" from the ISP's "modem"? (I am asking this out of ignorance.)

Mike

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
Most wireless routers can be set up to act as an Access point only and do no routing.

This would be the preferred setting along with security WPA TKIP

Along with the caveats that Tom and others mentioned it is not that difficult.

Plug router in from port on hub to wan on router. Get into router view web, set security and then turn it into access point only. (Turns off DHCP)

Stewart