> Is there really that much to be gained from being able to decide for
> myself what software is installed on *my* computer?
>
> You have got to be kidding. Talk about "dictate."

You obviously zoned out over the part about whether or not all of the public
and private resources expended on the MS witch hunts is worth this.  "Your
house is burned down to the ground and the exterminator final bill is in the
mid-6 figures, but we finally got that termite problem licked."

I don't know if it is worth it or not.  You apparently think it is with your
infinite wisdom.  Usually this is sort of thing that markets (and their
millions of interested actors) typically decide, because, you know, hubris
isn't a reliable market input.

I don't want the EU or DOJ deciding that the Subway $5 foot-long sub is
unfair and should be $7, or 10 inches, because it makes the Quiznos sub guys
have to stay late at work and miss tucking in the kids at night, because all
that competing stuff is really, really hard.