I sure thought so as I read this ridiculous thread today. But I put it
away, and cranked up some tunes.

But WAIT. WMP is NOT putting out sound! WTF? The seek bar is moving,
and the visualizations are playing. VLC is playing the song. I'm
puzzled as I swear regular mp3's played just fine in WMP the last time
I tried it. I've always preferred it because it comes with the
built-in 3D sound.

I'm really sorry to actually post something on topic though. Has
anyone else tried WMP today? Perhaps a recent update has killed it?