Thanks.? I appreciate the advice.? I want my XP back!

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Dunford <ch...@covesoftware.com>
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Sent: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 9:07 pm
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Launching iTunes on Windows Vista

> I have removed iTunes and re-installed new versions a few time already,
> but to no avail.

In that event, I don't have much of an answer. I'm sure that iTunes on Mac
is an excellent product, but we've had nothing but trouble with the Windows
version in my house. Others I've talked to haven't had any trouble at all.

A Google search for "itunes windows dep" turned up lots of hits. Maybe one
of those will help. One caution: I expect that at least some of these pages
are going to suggest simply turning off DEP. That is NOT a good idea. A
program that's trying to execute data is almost certainly a program gone
mad. If you turn off DEP you'll probably just end up with a blue screen
instead. Turning off DEP is like disconnecting the oil pressure warning
light in your car: you won't get the warning light, but something much worse
will probably happen.