> > The Windows version of iTunes is just, well, bad
> > software, as far as I can tell.
>
> What do you suppose that is? I've got it running on three different
> versions of Windoze (2K, XP, 7) with no problems whatsoever. It's
> slower than molasses on the 2K computer (P3 450), but it runs.
>
> You'd think that Apple would want to look into that. If you figure
> that if 25% of Windoze users have it and all Mac users, I'm sure there
> are more Windoze installs than there are Mac.

I really don't know. It seems to work fine on many systems but very poorly
or not at all on many others. It could be conflicting with something else
that's installed, but who knows?

As to why Apple hasn't fixed it: I don't know that either, but if I were a
certain other list member, and it was MS not fixing a broken Mac version of
its software, I would undoubtedly have some very dark claims about its being
intentional.