> >I understand, but I doubt that it's Vista's fault. It
> >smells to me like iTunes is doing something naughty,
> >and Vista catches it but XP did not.
>
> Isn't this *exactly* what MS used to do when somebody
> tried to run Office on DR-DOS?

Dark theories, as predicted.

Which is more likely, Microsoft black helicopters or bad code? But before
you answer, remember that the initial release of Windows iTunes 8 caused so
many Vista BSODs that there was a quick update from Apple. That problem was
pretty clearly in the iTunes code, right? They didn't fix everything, it's
just that simple.