They are talking a clean install.  In other words, clean the PC.

Unless a clean install has taken on a new meaning.

When we did clean installs with Xenix it involved cleaning the Hardrive installing the new OS and restoring all the programs, or reinstalling.

We set aside 4 hours for that process.

Stewart