On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Snyder, Mark - IdM (IS)
<mark.sny...@ngc.com> wrote:

> Who makes them?  If only a few models out there, we could google the
> instructions and send to WETA?

  I firmly believe that the issue is that unless there is some FCC
requirement, or stations begin to lose revenue because viewers become
pissed, nothing is going to be done.  Television broadcasters are
notorious for being very unresponsive to viewers.  They respond to
advertisers, or in the case with public broadcasting, they respond to
the big corporate donors.  The FCC is pretty much the only entity that
can possibly represent viewers.

  Steve