I think the answer to all your questions are yes.

They have multiple USB connectors which is the newest choice for the Phone dongles.

They do not have PCMCIA card slots so be aware of that.

Also you will need a external CD/DVD to load any CD/DVD based programs.

Instead of using MS Office, download and install Openoffice from the net and use it to do all your stuff and then save them in MS format.

All files written by Openoffice can be transferred to your Mac without a problem.

The HP I think only has a SSD drive and they are kind of small. You will need external storage. (Which you can then use to transfer stuff to your Mac.)

Stewart