Thank-you

mike wrote:
I listen to audiobooks all the time, but always in situations where books
wouldn't do well.  At work at times, in the car a lot...they are fantastic
for long commutes.

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Vicky Staubly <vi...@steeds.com> wrote:

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Steve at Verizon wrote:

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:

Books on the other hand are something that has to be read.

Not so. I have books read to me, sometimes by the author. I read a book
only when it is not available in an unabridged audiobook format. Most are
ripped from CD audiobooks in our county library but I sometimes buy from
Audible.

I don't think that would work well for me. My reading speed varies
depending on the content of the book. For most fiction, I zoom through
it faster than someone could read aloud. For programming books, I zip
through the bits that review topics with which I'm familiar, and slow
down when a new (to me) concept is explained. Books explaining some
of the math behind 3D graphics (for example), I plod through to soak in as
much knowledge as possible.

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        vi...@steeds.com