I'd really like the group's advice on the following:

I'm a not very knowledgeable, low end snap shooter picture taker. Still, I'd like to have my camera, scanner, monitor (iMac), and both printers agree on what colors in photographs are supposed to look like.

There is a hardware-software combination called Spyder3Pro ($169 list, $130 street) which purports to be able to do this.

1. Will this thing really do this?
2. Can an amateur learn to use it & get reasonable results with it?
3. If I send the file to a commercial printer, can the device still help?
4. Is there another model or another brand that would be better for me?

Thanks for your advice,

Alvin