>I've actually done a lot of foot work on this exact question for both
>platforms...

Well that should definitely disqualify you from this discussion!

>Essentially, your priority list for expenses on a MBP is:
>1. Memory
>2. Memory
>3. Memory
>4. Memory...

On a similar note I was reading about souping up the Mac Mini. After
testing similar to yours that author concluded that upping the RAM to 4GB
was the most effective and least expensive upgrade. Processor speed had
some but minor impact.

Your test compared 2.44 GHz with 2.26 GHz. That's a difference of 7
percent, something that will only be noticed if you frequently apply
compute-intensive filters -- most of us don't.