On Jun 3, 2009, at 4:18 PM, b_s-wilk wrote:
No matter what the imagined "hassle", the project shouldn't be left unfinished for the client. It's also irresponsible to expect a client to buy a Blu-ray player. If they give unfinished video on tape, they should lend a camera to the client for output at no cost to make up for their miscalculation of the job.

I once had a competitor that quite deliberately did very shoddy work. I hated bidding against them because I knew that they would quote a price so low that there was no way that I could get the job. The only way to match their price would be to do a similarly terrible job. Eventually they developed a reputation. One designer put it succinctly: "They made their problem your problem."