From: Tony B <ton...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 11:48 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Windows 7 pain

Actually, I do. There are no obvious defects in it as it stands. Nor
are there any defects in Vista, though driver support was woefully
slow to materialize.

And I bet the same will be true of Win7. I wonder how many engineers
at e.g. Nvidia are working on Win7 drivers right now? Probably none.
They'll wait until the release date, then they'll schedule a meeting,
then they'll discuss it a while. Many manufacturers will then decide
not to update drivers at all, instead preferring to have everyone
throw away the old hardware and buy new.