Thanks, but I guess my question kind of still dangles out there. They are SATA drives that came out of earlier iMacs. With this external Antec it shows up on the laptops, but not on the new iMac. I'm just wondering why. The whole reason for buying the thing was to make transferring old files on to the new computer easier.

Jeff M