I once herd it put this way.

What is the definition of a nanosecond?

The time it takes you to get you computer home and find out it is outdated.

Stewart

At 08:47 PM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
It's always painful getting the first iteration only to see better
versions appearing in the following years. I type this on my MBP 1.1
that was 3 years old in March. Current models take more RAM and have
faster CPUs as well as larger drives. Similarly, I have a 17 month old
Motorola Q9h that I bought because I didn't want to get an iPhone v1;
already burned once. The Q9h is great in many ways but the yet-to-be
released WM 6.5 will not run on it or just about any other current WM
phone. Even though the iPhone is likely to change again and
dramatically in 2010, I'm thinking I'll be getting the 3GS in July and
hope that I will not be too envious next June. After all, now OS 3.0
gives the iPhone cut & paste and voice dialing like nearly all other
phones. Whatever the cutting edge device/technology, it will always
get better in the future. One just has to be prepared to let go and
move on eventually no matter how good a thing was when you first got
it.

YMMV

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net