Yes and yes.

They were also running one of the Old all in one Macs with some custom software.

Stewart

At 01:07 PM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
Since you speak of her job in the past tense, I suspect that the
newspaper was running a pre-OS X system.  Even well-managed
OS 9 and pre-OS 9 systems were occasionally prone to extension
and control panel conflicts if you used any beyond a basic set,
and your wife's newspaper probably had to use a set that was
more finicky than most.

Also (Tom would know better about this than me) it seems like
publishers were among the last switchers to OS X.  My home
town newspaper was still using OS 9 two years ago!

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82