> From what I've been reading and hearing from people who bought one, digital
> radio is the least attractive choice. I have asked several people who have
> both satellite and OTA digital and they told me they stopped using the OTA
> digital because the signal was so unreliable. YMMV.

Digital radio isn't all that awful, the signal especially in cars has a
disconcerting habit of dropping the digital component.  That being said,
the biggest problem for most folks who want to listen is the lack of new
or different programming.

On AM HD, there is often a 7 to 9 second delay introduced, but the wider
bandwidth of the AM signal is more of a problem if you for example
listen to distant stations and said stations get covered up by a local
HD signal.