Europe uses 220 voltage and 50 Hz --a low voltage transformer and >plug adapter will handle the voltage and plug configuration problems >but not the 50 vs 60 Hz problem. It is very unlikely that your old router will operate in Belgium.

I don't see how that follows.  The router in question uses a wall wart
for power, most of these will say on them what they'll handle and
there are few these days that won't do both power frequencies and
voltages.  My computer and camera had no problems in France with
simple power plug adapters, but I didn't have any networking gear
with me other than a LAN cable and the Ethernet port on the comp.

Belgium is supposedly the same as France as far as power pin outs.