At 6:49 AM -0400 6/26/09, Chris Dunford wrote:

 > Of course, then the question becomes: What are the odds I would ever
 need this?

And it's a good question, too. My own view is that I've never needed an XP mode with Vista, so why would I need it with Win7? For those still using XP, it's a different question, since they could conceivably be using critical apps that don't work with Vista (although that's pretty rare now) and not know it.

I think XP Mode is for enterprise customers, to get them to convert to Win7 sooner, rather than later.
--
Roger
Lovettsville, VA